The AANEM Accredited Neuromuscular Lab at Winthrop University hospital is a multidisciplinary clinic that specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with neuromuscular disorders. The clinic staff includes board certified neurologists with special fellowship training in neuromuscular diseases, plastic surgeons specialized in peripheral nerve and muscle surgery and muscular skeletal radiologists, trained in spine, muscular skeleton and peripheral nerve imaging. We provide comprehensive clinical evaluations and coordinated care. Our electrodiagnostic laboratory is nationally accredited with the highest exemplary status.
The diagnosis and treatment of patient with neuromuscular diseases can be difficult and requires timely evaluations, expert diagnosis and testing. Our team is committed to providing the most current, comprehensive and specialized care possible.
Each year, we care for thousands of patients with neuromuscular diseases including:
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Disc herniations (“pinched nerve”)
- Peripheral neuropathies
- Primary muscle diseases
- Symptom of muscle weakness and sensory changes
- Anterior horn cell diseases (e.g., ALS/Lug Gehrig’s disease and Polio)
- Neuromuscular transmission defect such as myasthenia gravis
- Muscular dystrophies
Winthrop Neuromuscular program is involved in many clinical research trials including participation in monitoring neuropathy development associated with cancer treatment.
To make an appointment with the Neuromuscular Clinic, please call 516-663-4525
- Dr. Thomas Davenport, Plastic surgeon; muscle and peripheral nerve surgery
- Dr. Laurence Glickman, Plastic surgeon; muscle and peripheral nerve surgery
- Dr. Michael Brooks, Musculoskeletal Radiologist
- Dr. Joseph Mazzie, Musculoskeletal Radiologist
Staff Dedicated to the Program
- Golareh Sina, PA
- Lucia DiSpirito, LMSW, Neuroscience Social Worker
- Elizabet Portieles Sanchez, EMG Technician